2015, Liu, Shan-Lee, Classroom website
2014, Liu, Shan-Lee
2013, Liu, Shan-Lee
2013, Liu, Shan-Lee
Came to the United States of America in 1987 from Kaohsiung, Taiwan, I am a native Chinese speaker fluent in Mandarin Chinese and Taiwanese. I earned my master and doctor degree of education from University of Massachusetts at Amherst in the United States of America at 1989 and 1994, respectfully. Enjoy teaching and learning from students of all social, economic and ethnic background, I am growing up together with my students from all walks of life. Including modern technology, digital media and clinical research into daily teaching and learning, I believe everyone can learn Chinese, English and 21st century skills at different level on one’s own pace and enjoy.
I love to connect Pre-K-16 & beyond Chinese programs and AP/IB Chinese curricula with advanced college, career readiness preparation into life-long teaching, learning and research. Deepen language understanding and cultural appreciation through classic and modern Chinese literature, English language arts and digital media literacy are my life-long passion. As an educator, combining creativity, cutting edge technology, social responsibility awareness and global collaboration with educators and students around the world are my dedication.
- 1994, Doctor of Education, Human Development, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, U, S. A.
- 1989, Master of Education, Child Development, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, U. S. A.
- 1986, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Soochow University 東吳大學, Taipei, Taiwan
- 2008 - present, Massachusetts Licensed Educator, Professional, Foreign Language - Chinese, PreK - 9
- 2014 - present, Massachusetts Licensed Educator, Professional, Foreign Language - Chinese, 5 - 12
DR. SHAN-LEE LIU'S RESUME
2016, Liu, Shan-Lee & Students
2016, Scott, N. McChane, K. Wright, A. & Liu, S. L.
2015, Liu, Shan-Lee & Students
2014, Liu, Shan-Lee & Students
2013, Liu, Shan-Lee
2012, Liu, Shan-Lee & Kane, Anthony J.
- Confucius and Exemplary Teaching: Connecting the East with the West. Presented at the 2012 Massachusetts Foreign Language Association Annual Conference
2011, Liu, Shan-Lee
- Apply AAPPL into the Everyday Mandarin Chinese Classroom. Presented at the 2011 Massachusetts Foreign Language Association Annual Conference
2010, Liu, Shan-Lee
- Lesson design for every student. Presented at the semi-annual conference of the New England Chinese Teachers Association
2009, Liu, Shan-Lee
- What’s next? Best technology for better communication in Mandarin Chinese. Presented at the 2009 Massachusetts Foreign Language Association annual conference
2008, Liu, Shan-Lee,
- Are we there yet? Life-long learning for non-heritage Chinese speakers. Presented at the 2008 Massachusetts Foreign Language Association annual conference
2007, Cheng, Jill, Liu, Shan-Lee & Hwang, Mei-Ju
- Strategies for teaching Chinese to children in grade K-6. Presented at the 2007 Conference of Massachusetts Foreign Language Association
2005, Liu, Shan-Lee & Watt, John
- The story of Liang Shanbo and Zhu Ingtai and its significance for later generations 蝴蝶夢: 梁山伯與祝英台. Presented at the Primary Source Summer Institute - Flight of the peacock: Exploring Chinese literature
2005, Liu, Shan-Lee
- Filial Piety in the Modern Chinese language classroom 孝順與現代中文教學. Presented at the Northeast Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Language
2004, Liu, Shan-Lee,
- Teaching classic Chinese theories in modern Chinese language classes 結合中國古典文學與現代中文教學. Presented at the 38th Conference of Massachusetts Foreign Language Association
2004, Liu, Shan-Lee
- 在歷史的脈絡下學習中國語言和文化. Presented at the 美東中文學校協會二零零四年教學會議
2003, Liu, Shan-Lee & Wu, Hai-Ming
- From silk road to Baghdad 從絲路到巴格達. Presented at the 37th Conference of Massachusetts Foreign Language Association
1996, Liu, Shan-Lee & Craig, Grace J.
- From filial piety to filial maturity: Identities of Taiwanese families in transition. Presented at the XIV biennial conference of the International Society for the Study of Behavioural Development at the Quebec City, Canada
1996, Liu, Shan-Lee
- Negotiation and transformation: Intergenerational relationships throughout lifetime. Presented at the conference, The Child at Context, School of Education, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
1996, Liu, Shan-Lee,
- Negotiation and transformation: Future of Asian Americans in the making. Presented at the Asian American Conference, Amherst College
1995, Liu, Shan-Lee,
- From filial piety to filial maturity: Identity of Asian Americans in transition. Presented at the 12th National Conference of the Association for Asian American Studies, Oakland, CA
This resume was last updated on December 28, 2016